Ingredients for Sabudana Vada :
1 cup Sabudana, small or big (Sago)
1 Potato, boiled, peeled & chopped
1/3 cup Peanuts (Moongfali)
2-3 Green Chillies, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds, roasted (Jeera)
1/4 t-spoon red chilli powder
salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
How to make Sabudana Vada :
- Wash Sabudana with water, soak it in little water for 4-5 hours. Sabudana will get soft within this time. (For small sabudana soak for only 2 hours).
- Dry roast peanuts and coarsely crush them.
- Combine all the ingredients along with sabudana and mix them to form a thick mixture.
- Heat oil to deep fry wada. With moist hands, make small balls of sabudana mixture and press firmly with the palm of your hands to flatten them.
- Now, deep fry them on medium flame till they become crisp and light brown.
- Serve Sabudana Vadas hot with Green Chutney or Curd chutney.