Ingredients for Vada Pav :
6-8 pieces Pav
Green Chutney for Vada Pav
Red Chutney for Vada Pav
For Filling :
4 potatoes, boiled and Mashed
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 table-spoon ginger paste (Adrak)
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed (Lasun)
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 t-spoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
1/2 t-spoon Mustard Seeds (Rai)
1/2 t-spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
12-15 Curry Leaves (Kadhi Patta)
1-15 Coriander leaves, chopped (Dhaniya Patti)
salt to taste
Oil to deep fry Vada
To Prepare Batter for Coating of Vada :
1 cup Besan (Chickpea flour)
1/2 t-spoon Red chilli powder
1/4 t-spoon Dhaniya Powder (Coriander Powder)
salt to taste
pinch of cooking soda
How to make Vada Pav :
To make Vada :
- Heat 2 table-spoon oil in a frying pan on low flame and splutter mustard seeds & cumin. Add green chillies, ginger, garlic and curry leaves, Saute for a minute. Add chopped onion and cook further for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add Mashed potatoes, turmeric, coriander leaves and salt. Stir well and mix everything properly and turn off the heat.
- Make small round balls of this potato filling.
- Now, In a large bowl mix all the ingredients for batter. Slowly add water and make it slightly thick.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan to deep fry Aloo Vada. Dip the prepared potato balls one by one in a prepared batter and coat them properly with batter, put them in a hot oil and deep fry them.
- Cook on medium flame until it properly gets cooked from both sides.
To Serve Vada Pav :
- Take a piece of Vada and cut into half, but don't cut it completely, leave a little bit from one side.
- Garnish it with green and red vada pav chutney and put the hot Batata vada inside it.
- Serve Vada Pav along with Green chilly.