Ingredients for Rava Vada :
1 cup Dhuli Moong Dal (Split Green Gram)
1 cup Rava (Sooji)
1 onion, chopped
1 table-spoon ginger, minced (Adrak)
2-3 green chillies, chopped
8 to 10 curry leaves (Kadhi Patta)
Oil to deep fry
salt to taste
How to make Rava Vada :
- Parboil Moong Dal in sufficient water, dont make it mushy. Drain the remaining water.
- Add Rava to this cooked dal, mix well and keep it for half an hour.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl along with Rava dal mixture and mix properly.
- Take a small ball and make a flat vada by pressing it with the palm of your hands (slightly thin as compared to chapati). Repeat the procedure for the remaining mixture.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry Rava vada. Put Vadas in hot oil and deep fry them at medium heat till it gets crispy.
- Rava vada is ready to serve.