Ingredients for Moong Dal Vada :
1 cup Dhuli Moong Dal (Split Green Gram)
1 onion, chopped
1 table-spoon ginger, grated (Adrak)
5-6 green chillies, chopped
1 t-spoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
a pinch each of asafoetida (Hing)
Oil for frying
salt to taste
How to make Moong Dal Vada :
- Soak Moong dal in water for 2-3 hours. Drain water and coarsely grind moong dal to a paste.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to this batter and mix them properly with hands. Add little water if needed.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry vadas. Put about 1 table-spoon of batter in hot oil. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining batter.
- Deep fry vada in oil at medium heat till golden Yellow. Moong dal vadas should be crispy from outside.
- Serve Moong Dal Vada hot with green chutney.