Ingredients for Corn Vada :
2 cups Corn, fresh or frozen (Makai / Bhutte ka Dana)
2 table-spoon Rice flour
1 table-spoon gram flour (Besan)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 table-spoon ginger, minced (Adrak)
3-4 green chillies, chopped
1 t-spoon Cumin (Jeera)
1/4 t-spoon red chilli powder
10-15 Coriander Leaves, chopped (Hara Dhaniya)
salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
How to make Corn Vada :
- Take corn, ginger, green chillies and coriander in a grinder and Coarsely grind it to a thick paste.
- Take this mixture in a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. Mix the batter properly with hands.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry Corn vada. Take a handful of vada batter and give it a round shape of vada.
- Deep fry them at medium heat till golden-brown from both sides. Repeat the procedure for the remaining batter.
- Serve South Indian Corn Vada (Mokkajonna Vadai) hot with tomato sauce or chutney.