Ingredients for Cabbage Vada :
250 grams Cabbage (Patta Gobhi)
3/4 cup Black Gram (Sabut Urad dal)
1 onion, chopped
1 table-spoon ginger, chopped (Adrak)
3-4 green chillies, chopped
salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
How to make Cabbage Vada :
- Soak Black gram in water for 7-8 hours or overnight. Drain water and keep it aside.
- Shred cabbage and boil it over medium flame until it gets soft.
- Drain water from cabbage and add soaked black gram, ginger, green chillies and salt. Grind it to a thick paste. Add chopped onion and grind further a bit. Add little water, if needed.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry Cabbage vada. Take a handful of vada batter and give it a round shape of vada.
- Repeat the procedure for the remaining batter and deep fry them on medium heat till golden-brown from both sides.
- Serve South Indian Cabbage vada with sauce or chutney.