White Rasgulla is a very famous Indian Sweet. It is made using milk and is very spongy / Sponge in nature. It is very popular by its name bengali rasgulla or sometimes pronounced Rossogolla or chenna/chena ka rasgullas as its origin lies in the city of Kolkata, but is also very popular in other parts of India like Orissa. Try the easy Preparation and making of Rasgulla shown below.
Ingredients for Rasgulla :
1 litre milk
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 t-spoon citric acid
2 to 3 drops rose essence
4 cups water
How to make Rasgulla :
- Heat the milk till it gets boil. Cool the milk for 2 hours. Remove the cream layer (Malai).
- Add citric acid to water. Reheat the milk till it gets boil. Add the citric acid solution. Stir slowly till the milk is fully clotted. Keep it like this for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile heat the sugar and water in a wide sauce pan. Bring them to boil.
- Strain the milk through a muslin cloth. It gives you a components known as Chenna. Wash the chenna in the cloth under cold running water. Remove the excess water and move it in a wide plate. Make equal sized balls of this Chenna
- After 15 mins put them into the boiling water containing sugar. Cover with a tight lid. Boil rasgulla for 15 minutes.
- Take off from heat and cool rasgullas to room temperature. Refrigerate for 2 hours and then serve chilled.