Sweet chilli chutney gives a very sweet and spicy flavour. A little quantity of it is sufficient to serve as a complement with any food. Try the given below recipe of Sweet chilli chutney.
Ingredients for Sweet Chilli chutney:
15 Red Chillies, slit and deseeded, stem removed (Lal Mirch)
1/2 cup vinegar (Sirca)
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 table-spoon cooking oil
1 cloves garlic, paste (Lahsun)
10 cloves garic, chopped (Lahsun)
1/4 t-spoon Black salt (Kala Namak)
1/2 t-spoon Jeera, roasted and powdered (Cumin)
salt to taste
How to make Sweet Chilli chutney:
- Take a small frying pan and heat oil in it. Put the heat to low and add ginger and garlic to it. Cook for 2 mins. Then turn off the heat. Keep this ginger-garlic mixture aside.
- Keep the red chillies in vinegar for 30 minutes and then grind them along with vinegar to form a smooth paste.
- Take a small frying pan and add 1/4 cup water to it and heat it. After a minute add sugar to the pan, put the flame to high and heat sugar until it gets properly dissolved in water.
- Then, add chilli paste to this pan and cook on medium flame for 5 mins., stirring occasionally. Now, add salt, black salt and ginger-garlic mixture to the chilli mixture and stir well. Cook for a minute
- Then, add cumin powder and little water, stir again and cook further on low heat for 2 mins. Turn off the heat.
- Let the Sweet chilli chutney gets cool at room temperature then transfer it to the air tight glass jar.
- Delicious Sweet chilli chutney is ready to eat with roti or pulao.