Dried fruit chutney has a blend of spices and sweetness of sugar dissolved in the dry fruits. You can even have dry fruits chutney alone without anything else along with it.Dried fruit chutney is a very nutritious and healthy chutney recipe. As the storage time increases better gets the flavour of Dried fruit chutney.
Ingredients for Dried Fruit Chutney:
1 cup dry dates (Khajoor)
4 table-spoon walnuts (Akhrot)
4 table-spoon Blanched almonds (Badam, skin removed)
1/2 cup cashews (Kaju)
1/4 cup raisins (Kishmish)
3-4 piece cardamoms, grounded (choti Ilaichi)
1/4 t-spoon black pepper, grounded (Kali mirch)
1/2 t-spoon dry ginger powder (saunth)
1 t-spoon lemon juice
3 cups sugar
a pinch of Salt or to taste
How to make Dried Fruit Chutney:
- Grind all the spices i.e. Cardamoms, black pepper and dry ginger, keep them aside.
- Remove the seeds of Dates and chop it. Also chop walnuts, almonds and cashews. Coarsely grind all the dry-fruits.
- Now take a medium sized pan and take 3-4 cups of water in it. Put the flame to high and add sugar in it. Make a thick syrup of Sugar. Turn off the heat.
- Add all the ingredients including lemon juice and a pinch of salt to this sugar syrup. Mix them properly and store Dried fruit chutney in air tight glass jar.
- Give Dried fruit chutney one week so that dry fruit gets a taste of sugar and spices.