Ingredients for Bean Chutney:
500 gms. Runner Beans, chopped (Sem Falee)
3 medium sized onions, chopped
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
2 t-spoon mustard, powdered (raai ka dana)
2 t-spoon cornflour (Makke ka aata)
1 1/2 cup vinegar (Sirca)
How to make Bean Chutney:
- Take a large pan and add water to boil beans and onion. Add little amount of salt to water. Add chopped beans and onion pieces to the pan and boil them until they get tender.
- Drain the water and coarsely grind onion and beans through mincer.
- Add sugar and 1 cup vinegar to the pan along with onion and bean mixture and boil them for 10-15 mins. on medium heat.
- In a separate bowl add 1/2 cup vinegar, cornflour, mustard and turmeric, mix them well and add them to the pan. Cook further on low-medium heat for 15 mins. more.
- Now, take off, pan from the heat and cool the Bean Chutney to room temperature
- Put Bean chutney in a glass jar, seal it properly and refrigerate it.