Ingredients for apple and mango chutney:
2 medium sized apples (sev)
2 medium sized raw Mangoes, peeled and sliced (Kacche Aam)
1 cup sugar or to taste
2 t-spoon ginger , finely chopped (Adrak)
1 cup white vinegar (Sirka)
1/4 cup raisins (kishmish)
4 t-spoon garlic, finely chopped (Lahsun)2 big cardamoms, crushed (Elaichi Moti)
1/2 t-spoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
2 t-spoon salt
1/4 t-spoon pepper (kali mirch)
1 cup Water
How to make apple and mango chutney:
- Peel the apple, remove the seeds and chop it coarsely.
- Take a non-stick fry pan and boil 1 cup water in it. Add mangoes, apples, ginger and garlic to it and cook on high heat until apple and mangoes gets tender. Add little water if needed.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Keep the heat to medium-high, When the mixture started boiling, simmer it.
- Stir occasionally, cook until the mixture starts getting thicken. Now, take off, pan from the heat and cool the apple and mango chutney to room temperature
- Put apple and mango chutney in a glass jar, seal it properly and refrigerate it. Apple and mango chutney will get ready within 2-3 days.