Ingredients for Sweet Mathri :
2 cups All purpose flour (Maida)
1 t-spoon Ajwain
4 table-spoon cooking oil
Sufficient lukewarm water to make a dough
Oil for deep frying
1/2 cup sugar
1 table-spoon Powdered Cardamom
How to make Sweet Mathri :
- Knead dough with Maida, Ajwain, 1 table-spoon cooking oil and water. Make a firm dough. Keep it at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium size frying pan.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Prick the surface with knife, so that Mathri won't puff out.
- Fry Mathri in a preheated frying pan over low-medium heat till it turns crispy and golden in colour.
- To make the Sweet syrup, take the sugar in a heavy pan and add water to just cover the sugar. Boil it for 5-10 mins, stir till it starts getting viscose.
- Boil it till, while dropping from a spoon it falls in a thin single thread.
- Dip each mathri into syrup. Sprinkle it with cardamom powder and Serve after 1 hour.