Methi Mathri, Mathari is a very popular North Indian Snack. In Punjabi homes it is known as Mathi or Matthi. Instead of frying you can also bake it in an oven.
Ingredients for Mathri :
2 cups All purpose flour (Maida)
1 t-spoon Ajwain
1 t-spoon kasoori methi
4 table-spoon cooking oil
Salt to taste
Sufficient lukewarm water to make a dough
Oil for deep frying
How to make Mathri :
- Knead dough with Maida, salt, Ajwain, kasoori methi, 1 table-spoon cooking oil and water. Make a firm dough. Keep it at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium size frying pan.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Prick the surface with knife, so that Mathri won't puff out.
- Fry Mathri in a preheated frying pan over low-medium heat till it turns crispy and golden in colour.
- Cool to room temperature and Store Mathri in an airtight container. It can be stored upto 15 days.