Sindhi Kadhi Recipe is one of the most popular sindhi recipes. Sindhi Kadhi is sometimes called sindhi kadi recipe.
Ingredients for Sindhi Kadhi:
3/4 cup Besan (chickpea flour)
2 Medium sized Potato (aloo)
2 onion, slicely chopped
8-10 piece barbatti, chopped (Bean)
5-6 piece bhindi, chopped (Lady finger/Okra)
2 small Brinjal (bhata)
2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
5-6 pieces Garlic, chopped (lahsun)
1 t-spoon jeera (Cumin)
1/2 t-spoon Rai (Mustard seeds)
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder (lal mirch)
4 green chilli, chopped (hari mirch)
1 t-spoon Coriander, powdered (sukha Dhaniya)
1 t-spoon turmeric (Haldi)
100 gms. tamarind (Imli)
10 table-spoon oil
15-20 kadhi patta leaves (Meethi Neem)
10-15 coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
2 t-spoon salt or to taste
How to make Sindhi Kadhi:
- Wash tamarind twice and soak in hot water for 30 mins. Then, mash it properly such that its seeds leaves the pulp of tamarind. Now, filter the tamarind and take out the puree of tamarind. Keep puree aside.
- Take a non-stick fry pan and heat 5 table-spoon oil on hight heat. Add lahsun and rai to the oil and put the flame to medium. stir well.
- After 30 secs, add onion, bhindi, barbati, bhata, hari mirch, aloo and cook on medium heat for 5 mins. Now, add chopped tomato, stir again, cover the lid and cook until it gets light red and vegetables gets soft. It may take 15-20 mins for all the vegetables to get cooked. Stir occasionally. Take out the vegetables from the pan and keep them aside.
- Now, in the same pan with the remaining oil add 5 table-spoon oil, heat it on high flame and add jeera and meethi neem (Kadhi Patta) to it, put the heat to low.
- Add besan, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder, haldi and salt to the pan and roast it for 15 mins. on low heat stirring continuously. Make sure besan don't gets burnt from the bottom.
- Now, add 3 cups water, cooked vegetables and Tamarind puree to the pan, put the flame to high. stirring continuously. Cook for 10-15 mins. Then, add 1 cup of water more. Further cook on low heat for 10 mins. stirring continuously otherwise it will form ball of besan. Then, turn off the heat.
- You can also cook further to achieve the desired thickness of Sindhi Kadhi. (optional)
- Serve hot. Garnish Sindhi Kadhi with finely chopped coriander leaves.