Vegetable roti is stuffed with almost all varieties of Vegan Ingredients. Vegetarians can go for it as a good alternative to Non-Veg Rotis.
Ingredients for Stuffed Vegetable Roti :
1 Capsicum, Chopped (Shimla Mirch)
2 Potatoes, peeled (Aloo)
1/4 cup Peas (Hara Matar)
1 Carrot, Finely chopped (Gajar)
3-4 pieces Beans
1 each Tomato and Onion, chopped
8-10 leaves coriander leaves, chopped
Other Ingredients for Stuffed Roti :
1 table-spoon Ginger Garlic Paste
2 green chillies, minced
1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
a pinch of Red chilli powder
2 table-spoon Cooking Oil
Salt to taste
2 cup Wheat Flour (Aata)
a pinch of salt
warm water for kneading
How to make Vegetable Roti :
To Prepare the Filling :
- Combine Potatoes & Peas, and Pressure cook them by adding a little water. Drain water and Mash them properly with your hands.
- In a separate pan add little water and parboil, capsicum, carrot and beans for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat 2 table-spoon oil in a skillet and add Jeera, Green chilly and ginger-garlic paste. After a minute add onion and tomato to it, saute them for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add mixed vegetable and cook them on low-medium heat until vegetables gets tender.
- Now, add Mashed potatoes-peas mixture, coriander leaves, turmeric, red chili powder and salt to the mixture and stir well. Cook further for 2 minutes. Filling is ready to use.
To Make Vegan Roti :
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water. Divide it into small balls of equal size.
- Now, take a single ball and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of Vegetable mixture on its surface.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with Vegetable mixture inside it to a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size roti.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa, place Vegetable Roti and wait for the bubbles to come.
- Flip the roti to other side and cook on medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Again flip the roti to other side and cook further for a minute.
- Take it off from the tava and smear it with 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Serve Stuffed Vegetarian Roti with green chutney, pickle or curd.