Ingredients for Makki ki Roti :
2 cup Corn Flour (Makai ka Aata)
1 t-spoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
1 table-spoon cooking oil for kneading and more for cooking
warm water for kneading
Salt to taste
How to make Makki ki Roti :
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead Makki ka Aata to make a stiff dough. Add little oil just to cover the dough.
- Keep it aside for 25-30 minutes.
- Now, take a medium size dough and roll it properly with hands.
- Now, press the roll firmly with the palm of your hands to make a small round shape roti.
- On a preheated tava, place roti on medium heat and wait for 2 minutes.
- Flip the roti to other side, smear it with 1 teaspoon oil and cook further for 1-2 minutes accordingly.
- Now, flip it again and cook for 1-2 minutes, as needed.
- Take it off from the skillet and smear roti with Ghee.
- Serve Makki ki Roti hot with sarson ka saag, green chutney and dal.