Ingredients for Garlic Roti :
2 cups Whole Wheat flour (Atta)
8-10 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
10-15 Coriander leaves, chopped (Dhaniya Patti)
1 table-spoon cooking oil for kneading
water for kneading
Salt to taste
How to make Garlic Roti :
- Make a paste of Garlic cloves.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead it to make a soft dough.
- Make small balls of this dough and roll them between the palms of your hands. Gently press them down to slightly flatten them.
- Now, take a single flat dough and roll it into a round shape chapati.
- On a preheated tava or skillet, place roti and cook for a minute.
- Flip the roti to other side and smear it with a t-spoon of butter or ghee. Cook further on low-medium flame for 2-3 minutes minutes accordingly.
- Take it off from the skillet and smear it again with butter, as needed.
- Garlic Roti is ready to serve with raita or pickle.