Ingredients for Butter Roti :
2 cup Aata (Wheat Flour)
1/4 cup Butter (Makhan)
1 t-spoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
1/2 teaspoon Red chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
Salt to taste
warm water for kneading
How to make Butter Roti :
- Mix Flour, cumin and red chilli powder in a large bowl. Keep adding the water in little quantity and knead well to make a firm dough for roti.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Again, knead the dough by adding a butter. Make equal size balls out of this dough.
- Now, take a ball and make small hole in it. Pour melted butter in it and seal it. Repeat the procedure for the remaining wheat balls.
- Now, take a single ball and roll it into a small round shape chapati.
- On a preheated tava or skillet, place roti and wait for the bubbles to come.
- Flip the roti to other side and smear it with a t-spoon of butter. Cook further for 1-2 minutes accordingly.
- Take it off from the skillet and smear it again with butter, as needed.
- Butter Roti is ready to serve with the sabzi of your choice.