Ingredients for Biscuit Roti :
For outer Cover :
2 cup Maida (All purpose flour)
4 table-spoon Suji (Rava)
1 table-spoon cooking oil for kneading
water for kneading
salt to taste
For the filling :
1 cup Suji (Rava)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (Kisa Nariyal)
2 table-spoon Jaggery (Gudh)
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai)
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi powder)
10-15 Curry leaves (Kadhi Patta)
Salt to taste
How to make Biscuit Roti :
To Prepare the filling :
- Roast Suji on low flame for 3-4 minutes or until it gives a nice aroma.
- Take a medium size pan and heat 2 table-spoon oil in it. Splutter mustard seeds, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves and stir well. Now add jaggery and salt.
- On low heat, add roasted suji and grated coconut and turn off the heat.
- Mix all the things properly and cool to room temperature. The stuffing is ready to use.
To Prepare the outer cover :
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl except water.
- Slowly add water and knead the mixture to make a soft dough.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a round shape chapati.
- Put 2-3 table-spoon filling inside it and fold the edges of roti to close it.
- Roll it again to a round Biscuit roti taking a precaution that it should not break form anywhere.
- Now, take a frying pan and add sufficient oil to deep fry rotis.
- Deep fry roti on medium flame till it gets golden and crispy from both sides.
- Biscuit roti is ready to serve hot.