Ingredients for Akki Roti :
2 cups Rice flour (Akki hittu)
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1/4 cup fresh grated coconut (Optional)
2 green chillies, chopped
1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera)
2 table-spoon cooking oil for kneading and more for cooking
10-15 Coriander leaves, chopped (Dhaniya Patti)
Salt to taste
1 cup water or may be a little more for kneading
How to make Akki Roti :
- Boil water in a pan. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl except water.
- Now, using the hot water knead the mixture to make a soft dough, keep aside for 10-15 mins.
- Now, add 2 table-spoon oil and knead the Akki roti dough a bit more. The dough should be of medium consistency.
- Take a sheet of wax paper put little oil and smear arround, take handful dough, make a ball and pat evenly.
- Now, gather all the edges of the wax paper and transfer it to a preheated skillet or tava, remove the wax paper.
- Cook roti well, for a minute each from both sides.
- Take it off from the skillet and serve Akki Roti hot with chutney of your choice.