Ingredients for Punjabi Roti :
2 cups Wheat Flour (Aata)
1/2 t-spoon salt or Salt to taste
1 table-spoon oil for kneading
1 teaspoon ghee for each roti
warm water for kneading
How to make Punjabi Roti :
- In a large bowl mix Wheat flour and salt.
- Knead the mixture by adding a little water. Keep adding water in little quantity and knead it to a medium consistency dough.
- Cover the dough with 1 table-spoon cooking oil and knead a little more.
- Divide the large dough into small balls.
- Now, take a small ball and roll it into a round shape thick roti.
- On a preheated tava or skillet, place Punjabi roti.
- Cook the roti from both sides until light brown patches appear on it.
- Take it off from the tava and smear it with 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Serve Punjabi roti with Chana ki Dal and sabzi of your choice.