Dried or Dehydrated Tomato powder can be stored for a long time and gives the same flavour like fresh ones. Dry tomato powder can be used in the season when fresh tomatoes are not available in market.
Ingredients for Tomato Powder :
How to make Tomato Powder :
- Preheat oven to 175 F with rack in middle. Put liner in a 4-sided sheet pan.
- Cut tomatoes slices in a circular manner with medium thickness and arrange in 1 layer in pan.
- Dry tomato slices in oven with turning only once, until completely dehydrated and crisp. Cool to room temperature.
- Put it in a grinder and grind to a fine powder.
- Sieve the resultant powder and discard any remaining pieces. Tomato Powder is ready to use.
- Store it in a dry air tight jar.