Ingredients for Nimbu ka Achar (Lime pickle):
20 Fresh Lime, Large (Nimbu)
2 table-spoon Red chilli powder
1 t-spoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
3 t-spoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 1/2 t-spoon Asafoetida (Hing)
6 table-spoon Salt
4 table-spoon vegetable oil
2 t-spoon - Mustard seeds (Raai ki daal)
How to make Nimbu ka Achar (Lime pickle):
- Cut lime into 4 pieces and keep them aside.
- Now, heat oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds, 1 t-spoon Turmeric powder and 1/2 t-spoon asafoetida to it. Cook on low heat for 2 mins. then turn off the heat and keep this mixture aside to cool it.
- Now take a small frying pan and roast fenugreek seeds in it. Then, grind them coarsely
- Now take a clean and dry bowl and add lime pieces, mustard seeds-turmeric-asafoetida mixture, fenugreek, asafoetida, red chili powder salt and remaining turmeric. Mix well for 4-5 mins. and transfer it to a dry air-tight glass jar.
- Turn the Pickle up-down everyday with a dry spoon for the next 10-15 days. The pickle will get ready to eat within 2 days.