Mango Pickle Recipe is also known as Aam Ka Achar recipe. Pickled mango recipe is the best pickle recipe. Mangoes used in this recipe should be fresh and clean. An Indian style mango pickle recipe is spicy and tangy.
Ingredients for Mango Pickle:
25 medium sized Raw Mango (kaccha aam)
5 table-spoon red chilli powder (lal mirch ka powder)
5 table-spoon haldi powder (Turmeric powder)
5 table-spoon Rai ki dal (Mustard seeds, skin removed)
2 table-spoon Methi (fenugreek seeds)
3 table-spoon saunf (fennel seeds)
1 t-spoon Hing (Asafoetida)
4 table-spoon Jaggery, kisa hua gudh (Gur/Gurdh)
1/2 liter Mustard oil (sarson ka tel)
250 gms. Salt
How to make Mango Pickle:
- Wash mangoes properly and dry it with the help of neat and clean cloth. Remove the stem part of the mango. Cut Mangoes into 8 equal pieces.
- Roast methi on low heat for 2 mins. then, take a blender and blend it coarsely to form a thick powder of methi.
- Then, in a seperate pot blend methi coarsely to form a thick saunf powder.
- Heat 1/2 liter oil in a large thick bottom pan, heat it for 10 mins on high heat, then turn off the heat and take off the pan from the gas.
- Now, add hing, methi, saunf, rai dal and mix them well immediately so that they should not get burnt from the bottom.
- Add, salt, haldi, red chilli powder, again mix them well. Let the complete masala mixture get cool for 5 mins.
- Now take some pieces of mango, mix them in the masala properly so that mango gets properly dipped in masala, then transfer mango pieces to the large bowl or large pan.
- Similarly perform the same action for the remaining mango pieces with the remaining mango masala mixture.
- Add jaggery to the mango pickle and let Mango pickle get cool and room temperature, then transfer mango pickle to the air tight glass jar.
- Mango pickle is ready to eat.
Note:- Mix mango pieces properly in masala mixture so that mango pickle will last for long.