Pickled Cauliflower Recipe is also known as Gobhi or gobi Ka Achar recipe. Cauliflower pickle is delicious in taste and can be served immediately after making it. Try the delicious and easy recipe of Cauliflower Pickle given below.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Pickle:
1 kg. Cauliflower (Fool Gobhi)
2 table-spoon red chilli powder (lal mirch ka powder)
2 table-spoon Turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
4 table-spoon Rai ki dal (Mustard seeds, skin removed)
1/2 cup while vinegar (Sirca)
1 cup liter Mustard oil (sarson ka tel)
3 table-spoon Salt or to taste
200 gms. Jaggery, kisa hua gudh (Gur/Gurdh)
1/2 cup Ginger-Garlic paste (Adrak-Lahsun ka paste, taking Ginger and garlic in same quantity)
4 cup water
How to make Cauliflower Pickle:
- Wash Cauliflower properly. Cut Cauliflower into small and long pieces. Boil 4 cup water in a large pan, add one table-spoon salt and cauliflower pieces, stir well and turn off the heat. Cover this pan with a lid for 5 mins. Drain water from the cauliflower and keep it in sunlight for 5-6 hours so that it gets dried up properly.
- Heat 1 cup oil in a large thick bottom pan, heat it for 5 mins on high heat then turn the heat to low and add ginger-garlic paste, mustard seeds, 2 table-spoon salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mix them well. then, turn off the heat.
- Now take some pieces of Cauliflower, mix them in the masala properly so that Cauliflower gets properly dipped in masala, then transfer Cauliflower pieces to the large bowl or large pan.
- Similarly perform the same action for the remaining Cauliflower pieces with the remaining Cauliflower masala mixture.
- Add Jaggery and vinegar to the Cauliflower pickle and mix them properly, let Cauliflower pickle get cool at room temperature, then transfer Cauliflower pickle to the air tight glass jar.
- Cauliflower pickle is ready to eat.
Note - Mix Cauliflower pieces properly in masala mixture so that Cauliflower pickle will last for long.