Pickled Carrots Recipe is also known as Gajar Ka Achar recipe. Carrot pickle gives a sweet tangy flavour due to the presence to sweet carrot and tangy vinegar. Indian carrot pickle recipe is rich in spices.
Ingredients for Carrot Pickle:
1 kg. Carrot (Gajar)
2 table-spoon red chilli powder (lal mirch ka powder)
2 table-spoon Turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
4 table-spoon Rai ki dal (Mustard seeds, skin removed)
1/2 cup while vinegar (Sirca)
1 cup liter Mustard oil (sarson ka tel)
3 table-spoon Salt or to taste
200 gms. Jaggery, kisa hua gudh (Gur/Gurdh)
1/2 cup Ginger-Garlic paste (Adrak-Lahsun ka paste, taking Ginger and garlic in same quantity)
4 cup water
How to make Carrot Pickle:
- Wash Carrot properly. Cut Carrot into small and long pieces. Boil 4 cup water in a large pan, add one table-spoon salt and Carrot pieces, stir well and turn off the heat. Cover this pan with a lid for 5 mins. Drain water from the Carrot and keep it in sunlight for 5-6 hours so that it gets dried up properly.
- Heat 1 cup oil in a large thick bottom pan, heat it for 5 mins on high heat then turn the heat to low and add ginger-garlic paste, mustard seeds, 2 table-spoon salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mix them well. then, turn off the heat.
- Now take some pieces of Carrots, mix them in the masala properly so that Carrot gets properly dipped in masala, then transfer Carrot pieces to the large bowl or large pan.
- Similarly perform the same action for the remaining Carrot pieces with the remaining Carrot masala mixture.
- Add Jaggery and vinegar to the Carrot pickle and mix them properly, let Carrot pickle get cool and room temperature, then transfer Carrot pickle to the air tight glass jar.
- Carrot pickle is ready to eat.
Note- Mix Carrot pieces properly in masala mixture so that Carrot pickle will last for long.