In veg Paratha Mixed Vegetables are stuffed inside the paratha and then it is roasted. The Indian recipe of Vegetable parantha is very healthy and any kind of vegetable can be taken for this recipe.
Ingredients for Vegetable Paratha :
1 cup chopped mixed vegetable (Capsicum, carrot, beans and peas)
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped (dhaniya patti)
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (Hari Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
a pinch of Garam masala
2 table-spoon cooking oil
Salt to taste
How to make Vegetable Paratha :
- Heat oil in a skillet and add onion to it, saute onion till light brown. Add mixed vegetable, ginger, green chilly and cook them on low-medium heat until vegetables get 3/4th cooked.
- Add chopped tomato to the pan and cook further for 2 mins. Now, add turmeric, red chili powder and garam masala to the mixture and stir well. Cook for 2 mins or till vegetables gets tender. Keep it aside.
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of Vegetable mixture on its surface.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with Vegetable mixture inside it to a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa, roast paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading butter or ghee to its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the parantha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Stuffed Vegetable paratha with ghee or butter and serve immediately with green chutney, pickle or curd.