Roti canai or roti paratha originated from southern India, but was modified to the name Malaysian Paratha in Malaysia.
Ingredients for Roti Canai :
2 cups All purpose flour (Maida)
2 table-spoon cooking oil for kneading and more for cooking
Salt to taste
water for kneading
How to make Roti Canai :
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead to make a soft dough and keep aside for 3-4 hours.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small round shape chapati. Spread a bit of oil on the surface.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati to fold it and form a round small dough. Roll out the dough to a round shape and start flipping it until paper thin.
- On a preheated skillet with oil in it roast paratha from both sides by turning it many times. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked.
- Take it off from the skillet and serve hot Roti Canai immediately.