Ingredients for Peas Paratha :
1 cup Green Peas (Matar)
1 onion, chopped
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped (dhaniya patti)
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1/2 t-spoon Carom seeds (Ajwain)
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (Hari Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1 t-spoon butter or ghee for each paratha
Salt to taste
How to make Peas Paratha :
- Coarsely chop green peas in a blender. Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients (except butter) to the bowl including chopped green peas and mix properly.
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of Peas mixture on the surface of the chapati.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with Peas mixture inside it to a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size Paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa roast parantha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading butter or ghee to its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Peas paratha with ghee or butter and serve immediately with green chutney, pickle or curd.