In Paneer paratha, paneer masala is stuffed in the dough of wheat flour and then parantha is made.
Ingredients for Paneer Paratha :
200 grams Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
1 Onion, Chopped
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped (dhaniya patti)
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (Hari Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1/4 t-spoon black pepper powder (Kali mirch)
a pinch of Garam masala
1 t-spoon butter or ghee for each paratha
Salt to taste
How to make Paneer Paratha :
- Grate Paneer using a fine grater. Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients (except butter) to the bowl including grated paneer and mix properly.
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of Paneer mixture on its surface.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with Paneer mixture inside it to a round peda. Roll out the peda into suitable size paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa, roast Paneer paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading butter or ghee to its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Paneer paratha with ghee or butter and serve immediately with green chutney, pickle or curd.