Ingredients for Palak Paratha :
1 bunch of Palak (Spinach leaves)
3 cups whole wheat flour (aata)
1 onion, chopped
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped (dhaniya patti)
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1/2 t-spoon Carom seeds (Ajwain)
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (Hari Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1 t-spoon butter or ghee for each paratha
Salt to taste
How to make Palak Paratha :
- Grind Palak in a blender to a fine paste. Take a large bowl and combine all the ingredients (except butter) to the bowl including grinned Palak and wheat flour, mix properly. Knead it with water to form a medium soft dough.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati to form a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size Paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa roast parantha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading butter or ghee to its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Palak paratha with ghee or butter and serve immediately with green chutney, pickle or curd.