Ingredients for Mushroom Paratha :
1 cup button Mushrooms, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped (dhaniya patti)
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (Hari Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon coriander powder (Dhania Powder)
a pinch of Garam masala
2 table-spoon cooking oil
1 t-spoon butter or ghee for each paratha
Salt to taste
How to make Mushroom Paratha :
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute onions in it. Add grated ginger and cook further for 2 mins.
- Add mushrooms and salt and cook further on low-medium heat for 8-10 minutes with lid closed. Stir occasionally.
- Now, combine all the ingredients (except butter) in a large bowl including cooked mushroom mixture. Mix the stuffing properly.
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of Mushroom mixture on the surface of the chapati.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with Mushroom mixture inside it to a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa roast Mushroom paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading butter or ghee on its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Mushroom paratha with ghee or butter and serve immediately with green chutney or pickle.