Mooli ka Paratha is also known as Radish Paratha or Muli Paratha.
Ingredients for Mooli Paratha :
2-3 Mooli (Radish)
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped (dhaniya patti)
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (Hari Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1/4 t-spoon black pepper powder (Kali mirch)
a pinch of Garam masala
1 t-spoon butter or ghee for each paratha
Salt to taste
How to make Mooli Paratha :
- Peel Mooli and grate them using a fine grater. Squeeze grated mooli to drain out the liquid inside it. Keep this liquid aside.
- Take a large bowl and add grated squeezed Mooli to it. Add all the ingredients (except butter) to the bowl and mix Mooli properly with all the ingredients.
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water. You can also take squeezed mooli liquid for kneading.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of Mooli mixture on the surface of the chapati.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with Mooli mixture inside it to a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa, roast Mooli paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading butter or ghee to its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Mooli paratha with ghee or butter and serve immediately with green chutney, pickle or curd.