Ingredients for Masala Paratha :
2 cups Whole wheat flour (Aata)
1 onion, chopped
2 table-spoon roasted fennel seeds, crushed (saunf)
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped (dhaniya patti)
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (Hari Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon amchur (mango powder)
1/2 t-spoon dhaniya powder (Coriander powder)
1/4 t-spoon Black Pepper (Kali mirch)
a pinch of Garam masala
1 t-spoon butter or ghee for each paratha
Salt to taste
How to make Masala Paratha :
- In a large bowl combine wheat flour, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, amchur, dhaniya powder, black pepper powder and garam masala. Knead with water to a soft dough.
- Take a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix properly with hands.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of Masala mixture on the surface of the chapati.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with Masala mixture inside it to a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa roast paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading butter or ghee to its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Masala paratha with ghee or butter and serve immediately with green chutney, pickle or curd.