Ingredients for Malabar Paratha :
2 cup Maida (all purpose floor)
1/2 cup Milk
2 table-spoon oil for kneading and more for frying
Salt to taste
sugar 1 table-spoon or to taste
water to knead
How to make Malabar Paratha :
- Mix all the ingredients and knead to a soft dough. Keep dough like this for 2 hours.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it out into a thin flat round structure using a rolling pin. Now, roll the string spirally towards inside.
- Then, flatten it with your hands to join all the curves, so the Malabar paratha will become a single round shape with several spiral layers in it.
- Now, heat sufficient oil in a shallow skillet and cook Malabar Paratha on low-medium heat until both the sides gets properly cooked and paratha gets light brown in colour.
- Take it off from the skillet and serve hot Malabari Paratha immediately with green chutney, pickle or curd.