Aloo ka Paratha is also known as Potato Paratha, alu Paratha. We present you the best recipe of Indian aaloo paratha.
Ingredients for Aloo Paratha :
4-5 medium size Potatoes
1 onion, chopped
2 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped (dhaniya patti)
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1 Green Chilly, finely chopped (Hari Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
a pinch of Garam masala
1 t-spoon butter or ghee for each paratha
Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Paratha :
- Boil potatoes and peel them. Take a large bowl and add peeled potatoes to it. Add all the ingredients (except butter) to the bowl and mash and mix potatoes properly with all the ingredients.
- Knead dough with wheat flour and water.
- Now, take a small dough and roll it into a small chapati. Spread a bit of ghee on the surface of the chapati and place suitable amount of potato mixture on the surface of the chapati.
- Now, gather all the edges of the chapati with potato mixture inside it to a round peda. Now, roll out the peda into suitable size paratha in such a way that it should not get broken from anywhere.
- On a preheated griddle or tawa roast paratha from both sides by turning it many times and spreading butter or ghee to its surface. Roast it on medium heat till both the sides gets brown patches and the paratha gets properly cooked from inside.
- Take it off from the griddle, grease Aloo paratha with ghee or butter and serve immediately with green chutney, pickle or curd.