Shahi paneer is one of the top Indian paneer recipes. Shahi paneer is also known by other names like Shahi Paneer Masala, Korma, Gravy, Curry or sahi paneer. Try the easy recipe of Shahi Paneer.
Ingredients for Shahi Paneer:
250 gms. cottage cheese (paneer)
3 t-spoon ghee or butter
4 tomatoes chopped fine
1 onion chopped into strips
1/2 cup milk
1/2 t-spoon garam masala
1 t-spoon ginger finely grated
2 t-spoon grated paneer
2 green chillies finely grated
2 cardamoms crushed fine
1/4 cup curd
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder
2 t-spoon tomato sauce
10-15 finely chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
How to make Shahi Paneer:
- Cut the paneer into small cubes.
- Take 2 t-spoon ghee in a pan, heat it. Add green chili, cardamom, onion and ginger, cook it for 4-5 mins.
- Add tomatoes to it and further heat it for 5-7 mins. by covering a lid.
- Add curd and simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add 1/2 cup water and cool it down. Form a smooth gravy by blending it in a mixie
- Take 1 t-spoon ghee in a pan, add gravy, garam masala and chili powder. Cook it until it gets thick, Stir in every 2 mins.
- Now, add milk and paneer and cook further for 5 minutes. Then, turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle Shahi Paneer with grated paneer and coriander leaves.
- Serve Shahi Paneer hot with Butter naan, tandoori roti or pulao.