Indian Paneer curry recipe is very simple and easy to cook. Paneer curry can be served with rice, roti or chapati.
Ingredients for Paneer curry (Cottage Cheese curry):
250 gms. Paneer, cut into small cubes (cottage cheese)
2 table-spoon oil
1 t-spoon ginger paste (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic paste (lahsun)
1/4 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon coriander powder (pisa dhaniya)
1/4 t-spoon garam masala
1/2 t-spoon cumin (jeera)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (haldi)
1 t-spoon chopped green chilies
10-15 coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
1 table-spoon grated paneer
1/2 cup water
salt to taste
How to make Paneer curry (Cottage Cheese curry):
- Blend tomato and onion separately to make a puree.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and tomato paste to it and stir. Cook until it gets golden brown and gravy leaves the oil.
- Then, add ginger, garlic paste and cook further for a minute
- Now add coriander powder, cumin, turmeric, garam masala and red chili powder and stir.
- Add chopped green chillies and stir.
- Add paneer and water cook over medium flame for 5 mins.
- Finally garnish Paneer curry with finely chopped coriander leaves and grated paneer.
- Serve Paneer curry hot with rice, chapati, pulao or naan.