The major ingredients of Methi Paneer Recipe are methi, paneer and malai. That's why Methi paneer is also known as methi malai paneer.
Ingredients for Methi Malai Paneer:
150 gms Paneer, cut it into medium sized cubes (Cottage cheese)
4 table-spoon Malai (cream)
150 gms. Methi leaves, chopped
3 table-spoon Milk
2 onions, finely chopped
2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
2-3 pieces garlic, slicely chopped (lahsun)
1 t-spoon ginger, grated (adrak)
a pinch of sugar
1 t-spoon Coriander, powdered (Dhaniya)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (Haldi)
1/2 t-spoon garam masala
1/4 t-spoon pepper powder (kali mirch)
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder
2-3 cloves (Laung)
2 1/2 table-spoon oil
1 green chili
10-15 coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
salt to taste
How to make Methi Malai Paneer:
- Take 1 table-spoon oil in a frying pan and heat it. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add paneer cubes to it. Fry them until they get light brown. Then, turn off the heat and keep them aside.
- Take 2 table-spoon oil in a pan and put it over high heat. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add onion to the pan and put it over low-medium heat, cook it until it gets light brown, then add garlic and ginger and cook further for 2 mins.
- Then, add chopped methi leaves, stir well and heat it until it gets properly cooked. Now, add tomatoes, stir again and cook for 2 mins. on low flame.
- Then add turmeric, chilli powder,garam masala, coriander powder, and salt to taste. Stir it well and cook it over low-medium heat for 2-3 mins.
- Now, add milk and Malai to it, stir again. Heat it until it forms a thick gravy. Add some more water, if needed
- Add fried paneer and pepper, stir again. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 mins. then turn off the heat.
- Garnish Methi Malai Paneer with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Methi Malai Paneer hot with chapati, tandoori roti or pulao.