Methi Matar paneer is a very healthy Indian recipe, cooked at the time of Winter. Methi matar paneer is often served with pulao or chapati along with dal.
Ingredients for Methi Matar Paneer:
150 gms Paneer, cut it into medium sized cubes (Cottage cheese)
1 cup green peas (Mutter/Matar)
150 gms. Methi leaves, chopped
2 t-spoon yogurt (dahi)
2 onions, finely chopped
2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
2-3 pieces garlic, slicely chopped (lahsun)
1 t-spoon ginger, grated (adrak)
1 t-spoon Coriander, powdered (Dhaniya)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (Haldi)
1/2 t-spoon garam masala
1/4 t-spoon pepper powder (kali mirch)
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder
2-3 cloves (Laung)
2 1/2 table-spoon oil
1 green chili
10-15 coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
salt to taste
How to make Methi Matar Paneer:
- Take 1 table-spoon oil in a frying pan and heat it. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add paneer cubes to it. Fry them until they get light brown. Then, turn off the heat and keep them aside.
- Take 2 table-spoon oil in a pan and put it over high heat. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add onion to the pan and put it over low-medium heat, cook it until it gets light brown, then add garlic and ginger and cook further for 2 mins.
- Then, add chopped methi leaves, stir well and heat it until it get properly cooked. Now, add tomatoes, stir again and cook for 2 mins. on low flame.
- Then add turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, and salt to taste. Stir it well and cook it over low-medium heat for 2-3 mins.
- Now, add yogurt to it, stir again. Then, add peas and 1 cup water to it, stir again. Cook on medium heat by covering the lid until the peas gets properly cooked, Stir occasionally. Add some more water, if needed
- Add fried paneer and pepper, stir again. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins. then turn off the heat.
- Garnish Methi Matar Paneer with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Methi Matar Paneer hot with chapati, tandoori roti or pulao.