Kadai Paneer recipe is the oldest Indian Paneer Recipe, sometimes pronounced as kadhai paneer, karahi paneer, kadai paneer gravy, kadahi paneer or kadhi paneer. Given below is the easy recipe of Kadai Paneer.
Ingredients for Kadai Paneer:
250 gms Paneer, cut it into medium sized cubes (Cottage cheese)
2 capsicum, large, slicely chopped (shimla mirch)
5-6 pieces garlic (lahsun)
1 t-spoon garam masala
1 dry red chili, stem removed (khadi lal mirch)
3 medium sized onions
1 green chili
4 medium sized tomatoes
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder
1 bay leaf (tej patta)
3-4 cloves (laung)
1 Cinnamon stick (Dal chini)
1/2 t-spoon fenugreek seeds, grounded (methi dana)
5 table-spoon ghee or butter
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (Haldi)
1 t-spoon ginger (adrak)
10-15 coriander leaves, finely chopped (Dhaniya patti)
salt to taste
How to make Kadai Paneer:
- Take a grinder and add onion, ginger, green chili, tomato and garlic to it, and blend them to form a paste. keep it aside.
- Take 1 table-spoon ghee in a frying pan and heat it. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add paneer cubes to it. fry them until they get shallow brown. Then, turn off the heat and keep them aside.
- Take 4 table-spoon ghee in a pan and put it over high heat. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add bay leaf, laung, Cinnamon and dry red chili, stir well and fry for 2 mins.
- Then, add onion paste to the pan and put it over low-medium heat, cook until the oil separates from the mixture and it turns golden brown, Stir the gravy every 2 mins. so that it should not burnt from the bottom.
- Then, add turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, capsicum, fenugreek seeds and salt to taste. Stir it well and cook it over low-medium heat until the capsicum gets 70 percent cooked. Add little water if needed.
- Now, add fried paneer cubes stir again, add some water if needed. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins. and turn off the heat.
- Garnish kadai paneer with finely chopped coriander leaves
- Serve hot Kadai Paneer with naan, chapati, tandoori roti or pulao.