Chilli Paneer is a very popular Chinese Recipe, modified in Indian way, also known as Chillie Paneer Recipe. Given below is the recipe for Chilli Paneer with Gravy.
Ingredients for Chilli Paneer with Gravy:
250 gms. Paneer (Cottage cheese), cut it into medium sized cubes
1 medium sized onion, cut it into four pieces
1 large capsicum, cut into slices (Shimla mirch)
4 table-spoon Corn flour (Makai ka aata)
3 t-spoon Maida
10 Green chillies, cut it into long slices
10 Garlic pods (Lahsun)
2 t-spoon Salt
1/2 t-spoon Ajinomoto (optional)
3 t-spoon Vinegar (sirca)
1/2 t-spoon Sugar
1/2 t-spoon Black pepper (Kali mirch)
4 t-spoon Soya sauce
5 t-spoon Tomato sauce
2 table-spoon Chilly sauce
1/2 t-spoon black pepper (Kali mirch)
Oil for deep frying
How to make Chilli Paneer with Gravy:
- Take a medium sized bowl and add maida, 3 table-spoon cornflour and 1 t-spoon salt. Add some water and mix them well to form a thick paste, add more water if needed. The thickness of the paste should be such that it can coat paneer cubes properly.
- Now, take a frying pan and add oil to deep fry paneer cubes, heat it on medium flame. Then, dip paneer pieces in the maida mixture, coat them properly and fry them in a pan till they become golden brown in colour.Keep them aside
- Take a small bowl and add 1 table-spoon corn flour and 4 table-spoon water and mix it well to form a paste
- Take 3 table-spoon of oil in a separate pan and heat it over high flame. After 2 mins. turn the heat to medium and add green chillies, onion, garlic and capsicum, stir well and cook them until they get half cooked.
- Then, add sugar, ajinomoto, pepper, all the sauces, vinegar, 1 t-spoon salt or to taste and 4 t-spoon water, stir well and cook on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Now, add 1 1/2 cup of water to the pan and bring the mixture to boil. Then, add cornflour paste to it and let the mixture boil again until you get the desired thickness of gravy.Stir in every 1 minute
- Add paneer pieces to the pan and stir well, put the heat to low and cook for 3-4 mins, stirring every minute. Then, turn off the heat and serve immediately
- Serve Chilli Paneer with Gravy hot with noodles or fried rice.