Chana Paneer is an ideal diet for people with high blood pressure and sugar / diabetes. Chana Paneer is a quite dry Paneer recipe.
Ingredients for Chana Paneer:
250 white chick peas (kabuli chana/white chana)
200 gms. paneer (Cottage cheese)
2 medium sized tomatoes, finely chopped
1 t-spoon cumin, powdered (Jeera)
3 t-spoon coriander powder (Dhaniya)
2 large onions, coarsely chopped
2 t-spoon garlic, slicely chopped (lahsun)
1 1/2 t-spoon garam masala
2 t-spoon ginger, finely grated (adrak)
3 table-spoon oil
1 t-spoon red chili powder
15-20 coriander leaves, finely chopped (Dhaniya patti)
7 cup water
salt 1/2 t-spoon or to taste
How to make Chana Paneer:
- Wash Chana with water 3-4 times and soak it in 7 cups water for a night by covering it with a lid.
- Next Morning, Take 1 table-spoon oil in a frying pan and heat it. When it gets heated up, turn the heat to low and add paneer cubes to it. fry them until they get light brown. Then, turn off the heat and keep them aside.
- Take 2 table-spoon oil in a separate pan and heat it over medium flame, after 2 mins. add onion to it, stir continuously and cook it until it gets light brown. Now add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, and chili powder, stir well and further cook it for 2 mins.
- Now, add salt and Chana along with water in which chana soaked and put the heat to high, by stirring continuously, when it starts boiling, turn the heat to low and cover it with a lid. Cook chana until it gets soft, add more water, if needed.
- When chana gets soft, add to it fried paneer and garam masala, stir again and further cook for 3-4 mins. Turn off the heat. Chana Paneer is ready to serve.
- Serve Chana Paneer hot and garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.