Ingredients for Paneer Pakora:
200 grams paneer (Cottage cheese)
2 table-spoons Yogurt (Dahi)
1 table-spoon Corn Flour
1 tea-spoon Ginger paste (Adrak)
10-15 leaves Hara Dhaniya, chopped
1/2 tea-spoon salt
1 cup Gram Flour (besan)
2 Green Chillies, chopped
1/2 tea-spoon Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
1/2 tea-spoon Red chilli Powder
1/2 tea-spoon amchur
a pinch of baking soda
salt to taste
How to make Paneer Pakoda :
To Marinate Paneer:
- Cut Paneer into 1 inch rectangular pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix Yogurt, Corn flour, ginger paste, hara dhaniya and salt.
- Add diced paneer pieces to this yogurt mixture and coat them properly.
- Keep it aside for 1 hour.
To Prepare a Batter:
- Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients given in the batter section.
- Mix them well by adding water in little quantity.
- Make a batter of thick consistency.
To Make Pakoda:
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan (kadhai) to fry Pakoras.
- Put the flame to medium for frying the pakodas.
- Dip pieces of Marinated Paneer in batter and coat them properly. Put these coated pieces in a pan containing hot oil.
- Occasionally flip the pieces of paneer in oil.
- Fry till they get red and crispy. Then, take them out from oil.
- Repeat the procedure with all the pieces of Paneer in small batches.
- Sprinkle Panner Pakoda with chat masala and Serve hot pakoras with mithi tamarind (imli) chutney and tomato sauce.