Onion (Pyaz) Pakora is known as Kanda Bhaji in Maharashtra. Onion Pakora is very easy to make and can be served with many types of chutneys.
Ingredients for Onion Pakora :
2-3 medium size Onion (Pyaz)
2 cups Gram Flour (besan)
2 table-spoon Garlic paste (Lasun)
1 table-spoon Ginger paste (Adrak)
2 Green Chillies, chopped
2 table-spoon coriander powder (pisa dhaniya)
1 t-spoon red chilly powder (lal mirch)
1/2 t-spoon Ajwain (Carom Seedds)
1 t-spoon amchur
Oil to deep fry Pakodas
1 t-spoon salt or to taste
How to make Onion Pakoda :
To Prepare a Batter :
- Take a large bowl and add besan, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, amchur, coriander powder, Ajwain and salt.
- Mix them well by adding water in little quantity.
- Make a batter of medium consistency.
To Make Pakoda :
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan (kadhai) to deep fry Pakoras.
- Peel the skin of onion and wash them properly.
- Cut the onion horizontally to make thin circular pieces.
- Dip these pieces in batter and coat properly.
- Deep fry them on medium flame until they get red and crispy from both sides.
- Serve hot Onion pakoras (Kanda Bhaji) with green chilli chutney or tomato sauce.