Ingredients for Pineapple Kheer:
1 liter Whole milk
1 pineapple, chopped (Ananas)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup rice
10 unsalted pistachios (pista)
5 almonds (Badam)
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (Ilaichi powder)
8-10 pieces raisins (kishmish)
How to make Pineapple Kheer:
- Wash the rice and soak it for 30 mins. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely.
- Start Boiling rice in plenty of water till half done. Remove water, and spread rice on a plate to cool it down.
- Heat milk, bring it to boil. Add rice to milk and stir it firmly until it again started boiling. keep it to low heat, stirring occasionally, to keep rice from sticking to bottom. Allow rice to cook fully, but not get sticky.
- Add sugar, chopped pineapple, raisins, cardamom, saffron, almonds and pistachios.
- Stir kheer well until the sugar grains disappear in milk, simmer for 2 minutes. Then, turn off the heat.
- Serve Pineapple Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Pineapple kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.