Lauki ki kheer recipe is an healthy Indian kheer recipe. It has a sweet taste of Lauki in it. It is also known as bottle gourd kheer recipe or doodhi kheer recipe.
Ingredients for Lauki ki Kheer:
2 cups Lauki, peeled and grated (Bottle gourd)
1 liter Whole milk
1/3 cup sugar or to taste
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
5-6 pieces unsalted pistachios (pista)
10-15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (Kesar) (optional)
5 almonds (Badam)
How to make Lauki ki Kheer:
- Crush and soak the saffron strands in 1 t-spoon warm milk. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely or slice them properly.
- Heat milk in a large pan, bring it to boil. Put the flame to medium and heat for 15-20 mins. while stirring occassionaly.
- Then, add grated Lauki to milk and stir it firmly until it again started boiling. Cook on low-medium heat for about 15 mins or until Lauki gets soft.
- Add sugar, cardamom, saffron, almonds and pistachios. Stir it well until the sugar grains disappear in milk, simmer for 5 minutes, Stir occasionally. Then, turn off the heat.
- You can also continue heating Lauki kheer to achieve the desired thickness. (Optional)
- Serve Lauki Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Lauki kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.