Dalia Kheer Recipe is a healthy Indian dessert. It is also known as Doodh ka Dalia.
Ingredients of Dalia Kheer:
1/2 liter Whole milk (Doodh)
1/4 cup Dalia (Lapsi)
4 table-spoon sugar or to taste
1 1/2 t-spoon ghee
10 almonds (Badam) (optional)
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (Ilaichi powder)
8-10 pieces raisins (kishmish)
1/2 cup water
How to make Dalia Kheer:
- Crush almonds and roast them in 1/2 t-spoon ghee on low heat for 2 mins. Keep them aside.
- Heat 1 t-spoon ghee in a frying pan on low flame, add dalia to it and roast dalia for about 3-4 mins. or until it gives a nice aroma of dalia, Stirring continuously. Then turn off the heat.
- Now, take a pressure cooker and add milk and water to it, heat ti for a minute without covering a lid.
- Then, add dalia, roasted almond, raisins and sugar to it. Stir well and cover the lid of pressure cooker. Cook on medium heat for 5 mins. then simmer it for 10 mins. or until Dalia gets properly cooked.
- Sprinkle Dalia Kheer with cardamom powder.
- Serve Dalia Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature.