Ingredients for Coconut Kheer:
1 tender Coconut (Pani wala Nariyal)
1 liter Whole milk
1/3 cup sugar or to taste
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
5-6 pieces unsalted pistachios (pista)
10-15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (Kesar) (optional)
5 almonds (Badam)
8-10 pieces raisins (Kishmish)
How to make Coconut Kheer:
- Break coconut, take out coconut water in a glass, grate the pulp of coconut. Keep them aside.
- Crush and soak the saffron strands in 1 t-spoon warm milk. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely or slice them properly.
- Heat milk and coconut water in a pan, bring it to boil. Put the heat to medium and continue heating until milk gets reduced to its half ie. around 500-600 ml.
- Then, add grated Coconut to milk and stir it firmly until it again started boiling. Cook on low-medium heat for about 15 mins.
- Add sugar, cardamom, saffron, almonds, raisins and pistachios. Stir it well until the sugar grains disappear in milk, simmer for 5 minutes, Stir occasionally. The, turn off the heat.
- You can also continue heating Coconut kheer to achieve the desired thickness. (Optional)
- Serve Coconut Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Coconut kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.