Ingredients for Uzhunnu Vada :
1 cup Urad Dal (Uzhunnu Parippu / Split Black lentils without skin)
1 table-spoon Rice flour
1 onion, chopped
1 t-spoon ginger, minced (Adrak)
2-3 green chillies, chopped
1/2 table-spoon Black Pepper corns, crushed (Khadi Kali mirch)
8 to 10 curry leaves (kadhi patta)
Oil for frying
salt to taste
How to make Uzhunnu Vadai :
- Soak Urad dal in water for 3-4 hours or overnight. Grind it to a thick paste by adding a little water.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to this batter and mix properly with hands. Keep the batter like this for 10-15 mins.
- In a medium size pan heat oil to deep fry Uzhunnu vada. Take a handful of batter and give it a round shape of vada with hole at the center. Deep fry wada in oil at medium heat till light brown from both sides.
- Wet your palm each time you make the round shape, this prevents the batter from sticking to your hands.
- Serve Uzhunnu vada hot with Coconut chutney or Sambhar.